For Your Safety
For Your Safety
The following items are prohibited on SporTran Transit:
- Gasoline or flammable liquids
- Weapons are not allowed on SporTran Transit vehicles, at the Terminal, or on any SporTran property
- Animals (except service animals )
- Car batteries
- Roller skates, rollerblades, and metal spike shoes (you may hand carry these items on the bus)
- Bulky items that will not fit safely on the bus
- Be aware of your surroundings at the bus stop and on the bus, including the nearest exit.
- Do not touch or move a suspicious package or substance. Report these items to your bus driver immediately.
- Keep personal belongings in your possession, and don't accept items from strangers.
- Public safety is everyone's responsibility. Do your part to make it a safe trip!
- Baby strollers, portable shopping carts, walkers and other items must be kept out of the aisles. You are required to remove all children from his/her carrier and/or stroller and be held by an adult.
- Please refrain from unnecessary conversation with the driver while the bus is in motion.
- No passenger shall interfere with the safe operation of any SporTran bus and will at all times respect the instructions
- of the bus operator in regard to the vehicle's operation.
- Riders must remain behind the yellow line, and stay seated or secure until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Conversations between passengers or on cell phones shall be kept at a reasonable volume. At no time will vulgar or abusive language be tolerated.
- The playing of personal radios and other musical devices is not allowed except with ear phones. Volume on the ear phones
- shall be kept at a level which does not disturb other passengers.
- Videotaping or taking photographs on any SporTran vehicle is prohibited without prior approval from the SporTran Main Office.
- Soliciting money or distributing literature on Sportran buses is not allowed at any time.
- Lying down or otherwise occupying more than one seat is not allowed.
- Disruptive conduct of any nature by passengers will not be tolerated on SporTran buses. This conduct will result in the
- ejection of the disruptive passenger from the bus and possible prosecution under the applicable criminal code.
- SporTran may deny service to any passenger that is identified as being disruptive or a threat to other passengers.