LiftLine Is SporTran's Demand-Responsive Paratansit Service
Liftline is a paratransit van service that is specially equipped with wheelchair lifts/ramps and other accessibility features that allow maximum mobility for customers with disabilities.
Three categories of people are eligible for LiftLine:
- Persons who are unable to board, ride, or de-board a bus, even if they can get to the bus stop and the bus is accessible. This includes those with mental or visual impairments who cannot navigate the system
- Persons with disabilities who cannot use buses without wheelchair lifts or other accommodations. These persons are eligible for paratransit service if accessible buses are not available on the fixed-route on which they want to travel
- Persons with disabilities who cannot travel to or from a bus stop. A person is eligible in this category if travel is impossible because of architectural or environmental barriers that, when combined with the disability, prevent that individual from reaching the bus stop
Liftline at a Glance
- LiftLine operates on the same schedule as SporTran's fixed-route service. First pickup times are 5 a.m. and last pickup times are 1:15 a.m. on weekdays; 5 a.m. to 1:15 a.m. Saturdays, and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays
- There are certain holidays that LiftLine will not run:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- If a holiday falls on a weekend, different schedules may apply. Check our website for updates
- You can reserve a ride up to 14 days in advance or for the next day, but a reservation is necessary.
- The LiftLine fare is $2.50 for a one-way trip. You can also purchase books of 10 tickets from the driver for $25.
- If you use your own Personal Care Attendant (PCA), your PCA can ride along with you at no additional charge
- If you feel that you qualify for LiftLine service, and would like to obtain a LiftLine eligibility card, then you must complete the application packet and have your doctor sign the statement in the packet. There is no fee for the application, and all applications are processed promptly
- To receive an application packet, stop by the terminal on Crockett Street, call 673-7415, or download the application. Follow the instructions in the packet and you are on your way
LiftLine Services Visitor Policy
SporTran honors paratransit certifications from other transit systems. An individual from out of town requesting service must present proof of their certification. A letter from their home transit agency stating paratransit eligibility is acceptable.
Documentation must include the name of the eligible individual, the name of the certifying paratransit provider, the telephone number of the provider’s Paratransit Coordinator/Manager, an expiration date (if any), and any conditions or limitations on eligibility.
Visitors who apply in person and does not provide documentation of home jurisdiction eligibility, must provide documentation of place of residency.
LiftLine will only provide service to a visitor for twenty-one (21) days within a 365 day period. A visitor who expects to be in the Shreveport/Bossier area for any extended period of time and use LiftLine Services for more than twenty-one (21) days in a 365 day period should apply for a LiftLine Services as soon as possible.
LiftLine Services No Show Suspension Rate
The tolerance rate for 2016 is 11% within a month time frame.